IV vitamin therapy is a quick and comfortable procedure where vitamins and minerals are administered directly into the bloodstream intravenously. Many medical practitioners strongly recommend IV vitamin therapy, since it can offer a wide variety of health benefits.
Benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy
IV vitamin therapy offers a host of benefits over taking vitamin supplements orally or getting vitamins through food and beverages:
- Supplements, food, and beverages need to be digested, and the nutrients have to be assimilated into the blood. This process takes time. Direct infusion into the blood is a much faster process.
- Food, beverages, and oral vitamin supplements are processed by the liver and the stomach. The efficacy of the vitamins is diluted during this. In contrast, because IV vitamin therapy delivers the vitamins directly to the bloodstream, 100% of the supplement is received.
- When certain vitamin supplements pass through the digestive system, there is a possibility of side effects like nausea and upset stomach. Direct infusion to the blood helps avoid these side effects.
Our IV Vitamin Therapy Option
At Skin Tight Med Spa, we offer the Vitamin C and Multivitamin IV therapies.
Vitamin C offers many benefits:
- It improves immunity against colds and the flu.
- It is rich in antioxidants, which help protect against diseases.
- It can help in improving the functions of the brain.
- When taken with iron, it ensures better absorption of iron by the body. This is especially useful for anemic patients who don’t get benefits even after taking iron supplements.
- It is believed to aid in improving the effectiveness of cancer treatments.
Multivitamins include a combination of different vitamins and provide a number of benefits:
- They boost energy levels.
- They improve cardiac health.
- Immune system functionality is enhanced.
- They improve muscle strength.
- People with eye problems can benefit from these, since they can help in slowing down macular degeneration.
- They boost skin health.
- They are good for hair health and help deal with hair loss.
- They address stress and depression.
Not sure if IV Vitamin Therapy is Right For You?
Speak with one of our medspa professionals to discuss the best path toward a healthier new you!
What Is an IV Vitamin Therapy Treatment Like?
A IV vitamin therapy treatment session is quite simple and only takes around 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The patient lies down, and then an IV needle is placed into a vein. The IV bottle contains the chosen vitamin therapy. The vitamins are transferred through the IV directly into the blood.
After the treatment, patients can immediately return to their everyday activities without any need for recovery or aftercare. There may be very slight bruising or swelling, but this will only be temporary and will fade shortly.
How Much Does IV Vitamin Therapy Cost?
The cost of IV vitamin therapy varies from med spa to med spa. Price is dependent on factors like the type of therapy chosen.